In this webinar we'll focus on the key aspects of teaching Mechatronics, with a special focus on leveraging modeling and simulation:
• Challenges of teaching mechatronic engineering
• Modeling mechatronic systems in Simulink through a physical modeling paradigm
• Balancing theory and practical learning in a mechatronics course
• Motivating students by solving practical mechatronic problems with industry standard tools
• Using multi-domain physical models for controller design
• Controls, optimization, robotics and prototyping as part of a mechatronics education
Through the use of examples involving mechatronic systems, the presenter will walk through all the key steps of modeling, analysis, control system development and visualization. Using the techniques shown, academic faculty can enhance existing curriculum to increase student motivation, learning and concept retention.