Next: Customizing Models
Modeling Hydraulic Components
SimHydraulics includes spring-loaded and gas-charged accumulator models, as well as two pipeline models:
- The standard pipeline block models pipelines with circular and noncircular cross sections and accounts for frictional pressure loss and fluid compressibility.
- The segmented pipeline block accounts for frictional pressure loss, fluid compressibility, and fluid inertia and enables you to model phenomena, such as water hammer.
A library of local resistance blocks lets you include pressure loss associated with elbows, bends, and cross-sectional flow area changes.
SimHydraulics provides actuators and pumps that let you:
- Model hydraulic cylinders and rotary actuators, including effects such as cylinder friction
- Model hydraulic motors, fixed-displacement pumps, and variable-displacement, pressure-compensated pumps for power exchange with rotational mechanical components
The valves library lets you model:
- Directional valves, including 2-way, 3-way, 4-way, shuttle, check, and pilot-operated check valves
- Flow control valves, including ball, needle, poppet, and pressure-compensated flow control valves
- Pressure control valves, including pressure-reducing and pressure-relief types
The valves library also includes actuator models to simulate electromagnetic, discrete and proportional actuators, and servo-valves.
SimHydraulics model libraries of valves, accumulators, pipelines, pumps, motors, cylinders, and most standard components in hydraulic systems.