What's New in Release 2006b
R2006b, released on September 1, 2006, includes updates to MATLAB and Simulink, six new products released since R2006a, and updates and bug fixes to 80 other products. Subscribers to Software Maintenance Service can download R2006b product updates.
New capabilities for the MATLAB product family include:
- Additional support for large data set handling in MATLAB
- MATLAB application deployment to Java™
- Distributed computing tools supporting Windows® Compute Cluster Server 2003, distributed arrays, and parallel math functions
- Graphical interface for defining and solving optimization problems
New capabilities for the Simulink product family include:
- Verifying compliance with modeling standards
- Managing tests and analyzing results for system verification and validation
- HDL code generation for Simulink and Stateflow
- Easier incorporation of legacy C/C++ code for simulation and code generation
- Embedded MATLAB function block support for MATLAB structures and Simulink buses
- Modeling Mealy and Moore semantics to support C and HDL code generation
- Stateflow support for Simulink buses
* Indicates product was introduced via the Web after R2006a and is now available on the R2006b CD.
** Indicates product was introduced after R2006b and is available via the Web.