- Supported Devices, Instruments, and Protocols
Supported Devices, Instruments, and Protocols
Instrument Control Toolbox supports instruments and devices that provide IVI (IVI-C and IVI-COM), VXIplug&play, or MATLAB instrument drivers. The toolbox also supports control and configuration of LXI instruments for developing test systems.
The toolbox also lets you communicate with any instrument or device using text-based commands over the following supported protocols:
- GPIB (HPIB, IEEE-488) interfaces from Agilent Technologies, Capital Equipment Corporation, CONTEC, ICS Electronics, IOTech, Keithley, Measurement Computing, and National Instruments
- VISA standard, including interfaces for GPIB, VXI, GPIB-VXI, USB, VISA-PXI, TCP/IP, and serial from Agilent Technologies, National Instruments, and Tektronix.
- TCP/IP and UDP interfaces, for connecting to networked instruments or remote applications using both client and server sockets
- Bluetooth serial interface, for connecting to Bluetooth devices
- I2C interface for communicating with chips and circuit boards using a host adaptor
- Serial interfaces, including RS-232 and RS-485
See Supported Hardware for complete information on using Instrument Control Toolbox with your hardware.