Trace requirements to models, test cases, and code
Requirements traceability connects models, tests, and code with requirement definitions to help manage change and reduce waste in the design lifecycle. Simulink environment provides capabilities for efficient linking, analysis, and reporting of requirements traceability.
Traceability analysis is required for compliance with industry standards such as ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 in automotive, DO 178B in commercial aviation, EN 50128 in railway, IEC 62304 in medical, and general software development standards such as CMMI and SPICE.
Simulink Verification and Validation lets you achieve requirements traceability for models created in the Simulink environment. You can:
- Generate traceability reports that include design, test, and requirement information in a single document
- Highlight objects in a model that are linked to requirements and provide links to external requirements
- Export model structure and link information into requirements management repositories
- Use an automation API for establishing links and integration in user workflows
Examples and How To
- Integrating with PTC Integrity:
- Integrating with IBM Rational DOORS:
See also: formal verification, simulink verification and validation, model-based testing, simulink design verifier, requirements traceability videos